(A resolution providing for an increase in service rates for the City’s Ambulance Service)
WHEREAS, the City operates the Hood River Ambulance Service;
WHEREAS, rates and charges for the Ambulance Service are set by Council resolution and the rates and charges have not been increased since 2006 to reflect the cost of providing the services and Medicare changes;
WHEREAS, the Fire Department recommends an increase in the current rates and charges to reflect the increase costs in providing the service; and
WHEREAS, the City Council agrees the rates and charges should be increased as set forth below and finds that the following rates and charges are necessary and proper;
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED by the Hood River City Council that:
The following rates and charges for the Hood River Ambulance Service are effective beginning February 1, 2008:
1. Basic Life Support - $900.00 per transport.
2. Advanced Life Support Level 1 (ALS1) - Non-Emergency - $1,225.00 per transport.
3. Advanced Life Support Level 1 (ALS1) - Emergency - $1,225.00 per transport.
4. Advanced Life Support Level 2 (ALS2) - $1,400.00 per transport.
5. Specialty Care Transport - $1,885.00 per transport.
6. Advanced Life Support - Mileage rate - $19.50 per patient mile; the minimum charge is one mile.
7. Basic Life Support – Mileage - $19.50 per patient mile; the minimum charge is one mile.
8. Non-City resident surcharge - $200.00 per transport.
9. Care Facility Assist - $200 per occurrence, if assistance is rendered more than 1 time in a 30 day period.
Approved by the Hood River City Council the 14th day of January, 2008
Linda Streich, Mayor
Jennifer McKenzie, City Recorder