(A resolution approving the City Engineer’s report on the proposed West Oak Street Local Improvement District, declaring its intent to form the West Oak Street Local Improvement District, and providing for a public hearing)
WHEREAS, at the City Council’s meeting of December 10, 2007, the City Council initiated the West Oak Street Local Improvement District (“West Oak LID”) and requested the City Engineer to prepare the Engineer’s Report pursuant to HRMC 13.16.010 and .020; and
WHEREAS, the City Council heard the City Engineer’s Report at its meeting on December 17, 2007;
WHEREAS, the City Council approves the report and desires to declare its intention to form the West Oak LID in accordance with HRMC 13.16.030 and 13.16.040;
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED by the Hood River City Council that:
1. The City Council approves the City Engineer’s report dated December 14, 2007, for the West Oak LID (“Report”).
2. The City Council declares its intent to form the West Oak LID for the improvements described in the Report.
3. It is in the public interest to proceed with the West Oak LID because all of the property owners benefit from the improvements in terms of access and for public safety purposes.
4. The benefited property owners are not required to make a deposit toward City costs.
5. The City Engineer shall publish notice of the proposed West Oak LID and mail notice to the owners of the properties to be assessed in accordance with HRMC 13.16.040. The public hearing on the proposed West Oak LID will be on January 14, 2008.
6. The City Engineer or the City’s Urban Renewal Agency may advertise for bids for construction of all or any part of the West Oak LID described in the Report before the public hearing described above. However, no contract for the construction of the improvements described in the West Oak LID may be entered into until after the public hearing has been held.
Approved by the Hood River City Council the 17th day of December, 2007, to take effect immediately.
Linda Streich, Mayor
Jennifer McKenzie, City Recorder