(A resolution approving the City Engineer’s report on the proposed First Street Urban Renewal Project Local Improvement District, declaring its intent to form the First Street Renewal Project Local Improvement District, and providing for a public hearing)
WHEREAS, at the City Council’s meeting of February 12, 2007, the City Engineer presented his written report for the proposed First Street Urban Renewal Project Local Improvement District (“Fist Street LID”) pursuant to HRMC 13.16.020; and
WHEREAS, the City Council approved the report at the conclusion of its meeting and declares its intention to form the First Street LID in accordance with HRMC 13.16.030 and 13.16.040;
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED by the Hood River City Council that:
1. The City Council approves the City Engineer’s report dated January 26, 2007, for the First Street LID (“Report”).
2. The City Council declares its intent to form the First Street LID for the improvements described in the Report.
3. It is in the public interest to proceed with the First Street LID because all of the property owners benefit from the improvements in terms of access and for public safety purposes.
4. The benefited property owners are not required to make a deposit toward City costs.
5. The City Engineer shall publish notice of the improvement and mail notice to the owners of the properties to be assessed in accordance with HRMC 13.16.040.
Approved by the Hood River City Council the ______ day of ________________, 2007, to take effect immediately.
Linda Streich, Mayor
Jill Rommel, City Recorder