Hood River Municipal Court is responsible for the processing of citations and complaints issued by the Hood River City Police Department, the City Attorney and by private citizens within the City of Hood River.
The Municipal Court staff can answer questions about court schedule, bail amounts, and other administrative matters, but cannot give legal advice. If you need legal advice, you should consult an attorney. For help in find an attorney, call the Oregon Stare Bar’s Lawyer Referral Service at (503) 620-0333 or refers to the Yellow Pages.
The majority of cases heard in Municipal Court are traffic infractions. We do not reschedule court dates or time.
Proper Courtroom Etiquette
The following standards are enforced:
- Shirt and shoes are required
- Caps and hats must be removed upon entering the Courtroom
- No weapons (firearm, knife or any device/substance which may cause harm)
- Food and drinks are not allowed in the Courtroom
- Children are not allowed in the Courtroom
While Court is in session:
- No loud talking
- Pagers, cell phones, etc. must be turned off
- Audio and video recording is not permitted without the Judge’s prior authorization