Municipal Court for February 12, 2019 has been cancelled due to weather.
Hood River Municipal Court is responsible for the processing of citations and complaints issued by the City of Hood River Police Department, the City Attorney, the City Prosecutor and by private citizens within the City of Hood River.
The Municipal Court staff can answer questions about court schedule, bail amounts, and other administrative matters such as payment plan inquiries but cannot tell you what to do when you receive a citation and cannot give legal advice (ORS 9.160). If you need legal advice, you should consult an attorney. For help finding an attorney, you can call the Oregon State Bar Lawyer Referral Service at (503) 620-0333, visit them online @ www.osbar.org or search the Yellow Pages.
The majority of cases heard in Municipal Court are traffic infractions. Generally, we do not reschedule court appearance dates and times but please call 541-386-3942 to verify if you are eligible to reschedule your first court appearance.
Proper Courtroom Etiquette
The following standards are enforced
- Clothes and shoes are required
- Backpacks are not allowed in the Courtroom
- Caps and hats must be removed upon entering the Courtroom
- Weapons are PROHIBITED in the Courtroom and in City Hall (firearms, knives or any device and/or substance which may cause harm)
- Food and drinks are not allowed in the Courtroom
- Children are not allowed in the Courtroom
While Court is in session:
- No loud talking
- Cell phones and other electronic devices must be silenced or turned off
- Audio and video recording is not permitted WITHOUT the Judge’s prior authorization