College Intern Program
Hood River Fire & EMS is creating an eligibility list for our College Intern Program. This program was established to provide financial assistance and residence to individuals enrolled in an accredited college, with preference given to Fire Science, EMS, and/or Allied Health educational tracks. The City of Hood River will provide full time residence and up to $8,000 per year for tuition and other approved education related expenses. In return, the intern will be obligated to 108, 24-hour shifts per year on an assigned shift at the Hood River Fire Department for a minimum of 2 years.
How do I apply?
- Must be at least 18 years of age and have documentation of a High School Diploma, G.E.D., or Certificate of Advanced Mastery.
- Oregon EMT
- Must possess and maintain a valid Driver’s License and be insurable by the City of Hood River insurance carrier.
- Will need to pass an application process, oral interview and drug screen.
- Must possess a CPAT no older than 6 months. For information on CPAT and to schedule a test, go to www.nationaltestingnetwork.com.
- NFPA Firefighter I training completed (preferred).
- NFPA Hazardous Materials Operations Level Responder training completed (preferred).
- Wildland Interface Firefighter (FFT2) training completed (preferred).
- Go to: http://ci.hood-river.or.us/opportunities.
- Email complete application packet to: email@example.com or mail to Hood River Fire & EMS, Attn: Sy Yean, 1785 Meyer Parkway, Hood River, OR 97031. This must include a copy of your driver’s license, copies of certifications/training completed, and proof of successful CPAT.
- Applications must be received by 5:00PM on Friday, July 6, 2018.
We are looking to interview candidates in July followed by appointments made contingent upon background check and drug screen results.
We greatly appreciate your interest in our program. If you have any questions, please contact Sy Yean at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TRENTHIGHTOWER PHOTOGRAPHY 2013